Mr. Dozat’s insight for this issue of BIBLE TIME FUN!
Here is another issue of BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY Issue 120! But first, A REMINDER OF AN EXCITING UPCOMING ISSUE. Watch for the AUTUMN FESTIVAL SPECIAL! It will be a resource for you to use in your harvest parties, trunk or treat event, and Thanksgiving holiday outreach. It will be scheduled to be available for you in the first week of October. This means that in October, you will have five issues instead of the usual four.
I know I say how excited I am to have made another BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY for you each week, but the truth is I am excited! I am delighted with how it turned out, even though I had to recreate the word search puzzles several times because I kept finding random words mixed in. This issue was a lot of work and not for any particular reason. I wrestled a lot over what Scriptures to include. I had to redo a puzzle after I realized the verse was duplicated on another page.
For this issue, I continued the new match-up activity where one draws a line from a statement in the right column to match with a Scripture on the left column. I thought it would be fun to think about what some Bible people said after meeting Jesus.
There are a total of 15 fun things to do in this issue. Most of the activities and puzzles have a “Let’s Talk About It” feature with an open-ended question that I hope will inspire Spirit-led conversation.
Issue 120 contains the following.
- Match-up — 8 Scriptures that cite what people said about Jesus.
- Coloring page #1 — Hebrews 13:8, a verse about the unchanging nature of Jesus Christ.
- Shape-sort puzzle — James 1:13-15, a passage warning us about sin.
- Cryptogram — John 1:4-5, a verse about Jesus being the light of mankind.
- Read the backward verse — 2 Corinthians 5:21, a gospel verse.
- Word search #1 — John 8:31-32, the “truth will set you free” verse.
- Coloring page #1 — Matthew 4:19, the favorite “fishers of men” verse.
- Crossword puzzle — Colossians 3:16, another discipleship verse.
- The Explorer’s Challenge — 1 John 4:7, a Scripture that calls us to live a life of love.
- Scrambler — Philippians 2:10-11, a scripture of prophecy that calls us to honor the Lord.
- Find the hidden letters — Psalm 121:7-8, a verse of comfort.
- Word search #2 — Colossians 3:2, a verse on discipleship and a renewed mind.
- Maze — Luke 6:31, the “do unto others verse,” a favorite.
- Drop-word puzzle — Psalm 18:2, a scripture of faith and worship.
- Memory verse craft — Psalm 145:9: the Lord is good.
There is something for everybody!
Photo by Alan Rodriguez on Unsplash.