Mr. Dozat’s insight for this issue of BIBLE TIME FUN!
Here is another issue of BIBLE TIME FUN WEEKLY, Issue 121.
But first, remember to watch for the AUTUMN FESTIVAL SPECIAL! It will be a resource for you to use in your harvest parties, trunk or treat event, and Thanksgiving holiday outreach. I will make it available for you in the first week of October. That means in October; you will have five issues instead of the usual four.
I am thrilled with this issue. I put a lot of work into this one, and I am glad I did. I love the two coloring pictures, I know they are overdone, but drawing is my thing. If you use colored pencils or have a lot of focus, you will really connect with the coloring pictures. The hidden letter puzzle is a little like the “Where’s Waldo” puzzles from the ’90s. It is a lot of work with a couple of hours of cut-and-paste and moving and twisting the letters this way. I know kids will enjoy finding the letters among the shapes.
I am excited that young people are encountering God’s Word through these activity bulletins. God’s Word will not return void, and by using this, you are planting the seed in hearts that we pray will bring a harvest of salvation.
There are a total of 15 fun things to do with this issue. Most of the activities and puzzles have a “Let’s Talk About It” feature with an opened-ended thought question that I hope will inspire Spirit-led conversation. You can use this for a substitute lesson or for having “Church at the Kitchen Table” with your children.
Issue 121 contains the following:
- Match-up — Jesus’ seven “I am” statements from the Gospel of John.
- Read the backward verse — Revelation 22:13.
- Coloring page #1 — Ephesians 1:3, “…Blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing….”
- Shape-sort puzzle — 1 Peter 2:9-10: “You are a chosen people …”
- Decipher activity — John 3:17: “God did not send his Son to condemn the world …”
- Scrambler #1 — Matthew 7:26-27: “… a foolish man who built his house on sand.”
- Word search #1 — Hebrews 13:5, “Keep your lives free from the love of money …”
- Coloring page #2 — Luke 1:37: “With God, nothing shall be impossible.”
- Crossword puzzle — 2 Peter 3:9: “The Lord is not slow about His promise …”
- The Explorer’s Challenge — Philippians 4:6-7.
- Scrambler #2 — Romans 4:25: “He was handed over to die because of our sins …”
- Find the hidden letters — Psalm 107:1: “Give thanks to the Lord …”
- Word search #2 — Isaiah 1:18: “Let us reason together, says the Lord …”
- Maze — Isaiah 41:13: “… Do not fear, I will help you.”
- Drop-word puzzle — Matthew 5:6, one of the Beatitudes.
- Memory verse craft — Romans 10:13, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord …”
There is something for everybody!