Baptist Family & Children’s Services (BFCS) has begun the process of becoming an independent, faith-based non-profit with its own 501(c)(3) designation.
As it expands beyond denominational lines, it is important for BFCS donors, volunteers, service providers and other stakeholders to know that this transition will provide a context in which the agency, local churches and ecumenical associations engage cooperatively in addressing the challenges of today’s family.
And while all organizations change incrementally over time—adapting to the environment in which they operate—much of its work would remain the same:
• The focus will remain “family stability” with continued services offered through the Good Samaritan Network, including Safe Families for Children and CHOSEN Treatment Foster Care.
• BFCS will remain a Christian, non-profit organization, true to its founding principles.
• It will continue to honor its history as a Baptist entity with a defined Baptist heritage.
• The board of trustees will continue to be made up of a majority from Baptist churches and the Executive Director will continue to be a professing Christian with a strong faith commitment.
• BFCS will continue a commitment to and a strong working relationship with BCM/D and its member churches.
Here are a few things that are anticipated to change:
• The nomination and election of BFCS trustees will cease to be a BCM/D function, but will be an internal process.
• BFCS will develop a more ecumenical approach to ministry by expanding services to and through evangelical churches.
• In order to apply for an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit status, a change in name is required. Our new name will be: Building Families for Children (BFC) With the tagline: “….serving out of love, faith & community.”
Please pray that as BFCS expands services and moves forward under God’s direction, the arms of Jesus will continue to touch lives and reach souls in distress.
If you are interested in keeping informed about this transition, visit www.baptistfamily.org for current information.