Louisiana and neighboring states, Mississippi, Arkansas and Texas, are experiencing historic flooding—and many Baptists are rolling up their sleeves to meet the physical and spiritual needs of their neighbors.
According to initial figures released Sunday (March 13) by the Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, 4,958 homes have been damaged due to historic river flooding caused by more than two feet of rain, with waters continuing to rise in some areas. Latest estimates indicate that over 10,000 homes in Louisiana have been damaged.
Over the weekend, local churches assisted their communities while Disaster Relief chaplains and assessors went door-to-door. Disaster Relief flood recovery, feeding and laundry teams across the region are mobilizing now and have already been ministering in some locations.
How can you help?
- Pray for those affected by the storms and those who are ministering to them.
- Pray that local churches and Disaster Relief teams will provide strong needed assistance and ministry.
- Pray for wisdom and safety as church and Disaster Relief teams face challenging situations.
- We know that disasters are often catalysts to spiritual transformation—pray for hearts to be open to the gospel and for believers to share the love and hope of Christ.
Train at one of the next scheduled DR training dates:
- Saturday April 16 @ First Baptist Church, Frederick, Md.
- Saturday April 30 @ New Song Bible Fellowship, Lanham, Md.
Learn more: www.bcmd.org/dr-trainings
Donations of cash continue to be the fastest and most helpful way to send assistance to our state Baptist convention partners in the region.Your generous gift comes with the assurance that every dollar will be used for relief efforts.
All donated funds will be forwarded to the affected state conventions to assist Southern Baptist Disaster Relief teams and local churches with ministry to those affected by the flooding.
You can send a check made out to “Mid-Atlantic Baptist Network ” with “Flooding in the South” in the memo line.
Please mail to:
Flooding in the South
Mid-Atlantic Baptist Network
10255 Old Columbia Rd
Columbia, MD 21046
If you would like to make a donation by credit card, visit online at www.bcmd.org/flood.