• Age twenty-something
• Two year assignments, may extend up to three years
• Single, never married, college graduates
International Service Corps (ISC)
• Two year assignment, may be up to three years
• Open to singles, couples and families
• Education or experience to do the job
• Two or three years only, declared up front
• Age 50 and older
• Same basic requirements as ISC
• Long-term missionary candidates are appointed as apprentice missionaries, who must work closely with the candidate consultant for their state.
• Career missionaries invest a lifetime in cross-cultural evangelism, church development, and church planting movements.
• Missionary Associates, who have successfully completed an apprentice term, may be considered for missionary associate service if they do not fully qualify for career service or when a four-year assignment is preferred. They must have the gifts, skills, and training needed to fill a specific associate assignment.
Those interested in exploring opportunities of service with the International Mission Board are urged to visit online at http://going.imb.org.