BALTIMORE, Md.—ONE HOPE, a ministry of The Garden Church, will tackle the difficult issue of addiction at a “Hope for the City” seminar from 9 am to 2 pm on Oct. 13 at The Garden Church.
- Joel Kurz, pastor of The Garden Church, discussing “What is Addiction?”
- One Hope Life Coach Stephanie Laferriere, speaking on “Addiction and One-on-One Discipleship”
- Vic King, a chaplain at “Helping Up Mission,” speaking on “How the Parachurch Serves the Church”
- Rick Haynes, pastor of Lighthouse Mission Church, sharing, “Walking with the Grieving” (read our BaptistLIFE story about Pastor Haynes’ tragic loss of his son to addiction)
- Mark Plaster, a medical doctor and opioid specialist discussing “The Opioid Crisis”
- Louis Wilson, pastor of New Song Community Church, Baltimore, discussing “Addiction and the Church.”
According to ONE HOPE leaders, there are an estimated 60,000 people struggling with substance abuse in Baltimore City. Seventy-two thousand people have died in the past year nationwide as a result of an overdose.
One Hope is church-based and church-centered. They focus on resourcing and equipping churches ministering in the poorest urban neighborhoods.
Register for the event online. Tickets are $15, which includes lunch.